Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer at the Hill :)

So, as some of you may know, I am taking a few classes here on campus over the summer. That is about all that is going on in my life so far this summer. I haven't done anything very interesting or exciting yet. Campus life is very different than when all of the other students are here during the regular school semesters. It is a lot quieter and a lot less people. The pit is still a good hang out place as well as the Union. However, the amount of people in each is very slim compared to when it is a regular semester. It's a bit shocking. I walked into the Union one day and there were literally on about 15 people total that I could see. It looked so empty. I don't mind the change though. I'm getting used to it. Living here at Wesley thus far has been great though and I can't wait until all of us are here together because I know that we will make a great living community/family :)

Oh, one thing that was interesting/weird...Karen and I were walking on the upper, upper quad near Graham Memorial one evening on our way to dinner and there was a group of people playing some game kind of like quidditch, but not that game exactly. They asked us to join and we kindly kept walking and said maybe another time...lol. At the same time, there was a woman who was walking as well and she was calling out back to the birds that were singing/chirping/calling out. It was quite an interesting encounter that night with the middle aged people playing with brooms, sticks, and padded things to the woman calling out loudly as if she were a bird herself...

No comments: