Sunday, July 20, 2008

I know, I know...

I know! I'm late! I really did start a post on Tuesday, but it never got finished...
This week was ca-ray-zy at work, so that's my excuse.
So, yes, work: I'm working as an intern for the summer camps program at Matthews Playhouse. It's been fun, but very, very exhausting. And, with the exception of this past week, I haven't had to do anyone else's work for them. (grumble, grumble, grumble) I've done two Hannah Montanas, one Jungle Book, two High School Musicals, and one Clue Mystery camp. I have this week off, but then I work straight through until we get back (bleagh).
My summer has basically consisted of camps and house sitting. Which is fine with me, except for the parts where I'm still very untan and where summer's coming to a close.
The dorkiest thing I've done this summer: after several nights dreaming about how my room at Wesley would be set up and how nothing was going to fit, my dad and I made a scale sketch of the room and then cut out little blocks to be my bed, dresser, futon, etc. 'Twas very dorky.
ToDAY, I made challa bread for the first time (wearing, of course, my aDORable '40s apron). I feel very accomplished.
Let's see... tomorrow, I'm giving platelets, because I'm a good person and like saving lives. Later this week I'm shadowing a woman I babysit for at work. She's a lawyer, and my dad's really hot on law school right now, so... yeah. It should be good, you know, give me an idea of what it would actually be like day-to-day as a lawyer.
Tuesday is my younger sister's birthday, and I have the most rockin-awesome present for her EVER. I was in a fabric store several weeks ago, and they were selling their old mannequins. It's the coolest; she's gonna love it.
Two last things: 1) when is everyone planning on moving in? and 2) everyone needs to go to drhorrible.com before midnight tonight, watch, and enjoy. It's a supervillain musical. And you need it in your lives. It disappears after midnight, though, so hurry!
On that note, I'm getting really excited, and I can't wait to see you all!
Yay!

1 comment:

Daniela said...

1) I'm moving in between the 11 and the 13 so that I can go to the leadership thing for the campus ministries on the 14.
2) Dr. Horrible is awesome :)