Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camp, Camp ,Camp, Corey and more Camp!!!

So as you can see by the title all I have really done this summer is work at Camp Chestnut Ridge and hang out with Corey. I know I am sending this a day early but I won't be able to access my computer. Basically at camp I do any number of things. I really enjoy leading the motions to songs and worship and singing with Corey. The other day I took a group of kids mountain biking and almost died; it was actually pretty funny. I also lead improv games about once a week. I guess this is probably my favorite elective to lead! It is also realy fun hiding my relationship with Corey from the campers, since we are both working there. Hilarious!! Oh, also we have this thing called the lake walk where we walk around the lake and meet different people who have met Jesus (characters from the bible). The 1st week I was John the baptist and I told the story standing in the middle of the lake. It was really really cool! I think it gives me a chance to hone my acting skills! Probably the most exciting part of camp for me is MC ing the talent show that we have on Thursday night. I put on a straw hat and jacket and become this Country hick named Bubba that is from NYC. Oh man, Do the kids get a kick out of that one! Well I guess that pretty much tells you about my summer. I have met a lot of great people from a lot of different countries, like South Korea, Australia, England, and even New Zealand. Not to mention, having this job has enabled me to become closer to Corey.

Sorry to talk about Corey so much but it is either that or camp. Those are the two things that are going on for me right now!!

I love you and miss all of you!!

Robert Paul Harrell

1 comment:

Daniela said...

you are such a goof :)
glad you're having fun!