Thursday, July 28, 2011

Soon we'll get to live together :)

It's safe to say that I'm anticipating returning to Chapel Hill. This summer has just been full of... unexpected things.

I'm sure you all got my e-mail about my parents splitting up. That's been tough, but my parents are staying mature, and I'm happy about that. They are not constantly fighting or even picking fights with each other. They're just trying to move on and support my brother and me just as much as before. The amount of love coming from both of my parents has not changed :)

I also broke my arm in late May and had a cast on through June... so employment hasn't really been happening. BUT that was a blessing in disguise. You see, I have spent many an hour at home and I've been here to support my mom. I've also gotten plenty of rest and did some volunteering at my church. Most enjoyably, I remember Vacation Bible School and working with the kids there. Working with kids has its ups and downs, which camp counselor and friend of ours Ashley Beech can attest to, but it still makes me very happy. I miss seeing kids during the school year.

So the only real thing on my radar for the rest of this summer is visiting my extended family in Chicago next week. The last time I had a long visit with them was probably five years ago. It should be great. And then, it's time to move in!

Living in community with you guys will be amazing, I just know it! I'm really anticipating living with 9 other people that I love. Despite hard classes and whatever, this will be a really fun year.

BWaugust16thcantcomesoonenoughL,
Jared

No comments: